Advanced clinical massage uses the latest massage therapy techniques to significantly improve your quality of life by directly targeting the source of your pain.
This personalised treatment is applied to specific affected areas, and has lasting medical benefits.
What is clinical massage used for?
- Neck pain /stiffness, including whiplash
- Shoulder pain/stiffness, including frozen shoulder, shoulder impingement
- Syndrome and rotator cuff muscle disfunction
- Wrist and arm pain, including carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis and golfer’s elbow
- Lower back pain/stiffness, including sciatica syndrome
- Hip and pelvis problems
- Leg, knee and foot pain including plantar fasciitis
- Sport injuries
Clinical massage can also help people with long term medical conditions like chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia. Similarly, it can benefit office workers suffering from problems caused by prolonged sitting, and anyone who suffers from migraines, headaches, depression, general stress and anxiety.
How many treatments are required?
We aim for significant results from advanced clinical massage in 1-6 sessions. The results are dependent on the severity of the condition and how long it has been present for. Certain chronic conditions might take longer, such as frozen shoulder, but this will be established in the first treatment.
The first appointment for clinical massage includes aftercare and consultation to establish the most effective treatment plan.
The initial consultation includes:
- Range of motion (ROM) tests
- Orthopaedic tests
- Detailed medical history
- Personalised exercise program